Friday, February 24, 2012

Air travel connection?

Hi, I have a flight with a 30 minute layover and I was wondering if that would be enough time for me to get to the next flight (its at ATL, pretty big airport). Also, if the first flight is delayed will Airtrans make arrangements on another flight? I'm really worried about this cause I know flights usually run pretty late.Air travel connection?
Thirty minutes is extremely tight. I would never accept such a short connection. Also, I formerly worked in the travel industry and always advised customers not to do this. It only takes a short delay to cause you to miss your connection.



If you miss your connection, AirTran will put you on the next flight with an available seat. However, there is always the risk that the next flight (or two or three) will be sold out so be prepared to potentially spend some time waiting. If you are on a discount ticket, they probably will not rebook you on another airline due to the expense. If you're stuck overnight, the airline does not have to pay for your hotels or meals.



Next trip, I strongly suggest giving yourself more time.
It depends how close the connecting gate is. If you miss your connection, they will do their best to get you on the next flight.



This is why I always build in at least an hour for connecting flights. Air travel connection?
Airtran flies into concourse D, check out this map to see where your other airline comes into. If you're flying domestic you should be fine.



http://www.ifly.com/hartsfield-jackson-a鈥?/a>
I agree with Tonal.............that's calling it a little close....I'd look for a better connection with an hour or more. I would be worried too.
30 min in ATL is going to be really, really tough! i usually like more than 1 hour in atl. because things happen.



what row are you in? sometimes when you get stuck in the rows in the 20's it'll take 20 minutes just waiting for the people in front of you to grab their bag and get off the plane! also, what if the plane is late, what if you get stuck at the gate?



airtran will have options waiting for you if you miss the connection- just go to the special service counter or see any gate agent. it may be a 3-6 hour wait, but they'll get you there eventually. make sure to ask for money for food becuase they made you late- they'll only give it to you if u ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment