Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm looking for a good longboard made for cruising, Only answer if you actually know what your talking about.?

I want a good board for cruising for long distances, But still has good maneuverability.I'm looking for a good longboard made for cruising, Only answer if you actually know what your talking about.?
I'll give my longboard recommendation briefing in a bit with my personal opinion. But first CRUISING!

You can usually Cruise on any board but to make it so the Board is ment for cruising you usually want special wheels and bearings. Then worry about the board itself. I've found that Wider Boards with the Cut Out on the sides for the wheels are best for cruising because you can carve better to build up momentum and cruising wheels are larger and the cut out prevents wheel bite. But I personally like Wider Boards without the cut out. I just put on a few risers than i'm good to go =)



So i'm not sure what you know about what the numbers mean when getting wheels. for the longest time i had no idea. If you do Disregard this paragraph. Abec11 Flywheels 97mm 78a are what i use for cruising. they are expensive, big and over kill (not recommended). 51mm 100a are average for a Skateboard. 65mm 78a is average for a long board. the first number is a Diamater of the wheel. example the 65mm 78a is 65mm in diamater. that's the obvious one. the 2nd number is the density of the wheel (how hard and soft) the higher the number the harder the wheel.



FOR CRUISING!

鈽糋et Larger,Softer Wheels (Recommend Abec 11 Gumballs Due to the fact they will keep you going and go over small rocks and what ever else with ease)

鈽糀 DecK you Feel comfortable with. something you can ride long distances on and feel good (I prefer wider decks because they tend to do better when cruising if you don't plan on carving alot and you just want to go)

鈽糡ighten your Trucks (not too tight but enough to where you need to put more effort to carve to keep you stable and going pretty far)



Hope that Helps I will Copy and paste one of my older posts involving Longboards I hope I've helped in someway.







ADDITIONAL INFORMATION-----------------------------鈥?br>
Alright. So We (Long-boarding crew) Have taught several people how to longboard who have never even stood on a board.



ARBOR BOARDS

the best board i've personally found that works best for amatures / beginners are arbor boards. they are Very Durable decently priced not too bad at all, and brand name boards so it won't seem like you just bought any sort of board. They are usually Bamboo so they can go through a lot, and still come out alright. also they are ideal if you don't want to have to buy another one later one because they are also used professionally for sliding. carving and everything else. if you want to learn how to slide you'll want gloves (notnecessarilyy sliding gloves at first) cheap 7$ leather gloves work to start with. Knee Pads are a MUST. that is how you recover with out getting torn up. But again usually for a full cheap Arbor set-up board it's around 150$ but it'll last and i feel it's worth it. I've Wrecked my Arbor countless times and the board won every fight against a wall, pillar, car, pretty much anything i've put it against. Also for you they are quite Stable which makes them GREAT for Cruising and carving. I love riding mine to places.



SECTOR 9

Also Sector 9 is nice if you've been skating or have some board experience. but i've seemed to be able to wreck those the most. Sector 9 Boards are great because of the selection and their quality actually isn't bad either. I have my nosewalker '55 and i love it too. Also alot of sector9 boards are some of the best at carving.





OTHER INFO

Those are just the two most common Brands of Boards that i have the most experience with.

I have experience with alot of other once aswel Loaded Longboards are really nice. Top Quality and one of the best brands I've delt with but they have the price to go with them. The Best Board i've personally ridden was the Loaded Dervish. But I know alot of people who don't like Loaded Boards because of the Cut-Away for the Wheels. But it's all opinions and personal preferences. If you want a really Unique, good, great looking, and great all around board look into Dreg Boards. That's next on my list to get, .



WHERE

For the Arbor Boards on their Website you can click on the board you want and it will give you a place to enter your Zip Code to help you find a dealer also it'll give you a list of websites to go to. Arbor makes the boards. I found it weird that you don't purchase the Boards Directly from them but that's how they work. I'll also link a decent site that sales sector9 boards that are better for carving.

I will link a ton of sites to help you out. I hope i was of some use =)



it's really all depends on what you're into. personally I recommend the Arbor and a Loaded for more experienced boarders.I'm looking for a good longboard made for cruising, Only answer if you actually know what your talking about.?
GREAT INFO!!!!!!

Report Abuse

  • cool games for girls
  • red robin menu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment