Friday, March 9, 2012

Physics Homework please help, I Think I Have The Equation Set Up Need Help Solving? 10 points!?

Physics Homework please help, I Think I Have The Equation Set Up Need Help Solving?

Physics Homework please help, I Think I Have The Equation Set Up Need Help Solving?

The tallest tree in california's Redwood National Park is 111m tall. Suppose an object is thrown downward from the top of that tree with a certain intital velocity. If the object reaches the ground in 3.80s

DeltaY= -111m DeltaT = 3.80s G= -9.81

-111m=Vi3.80s+.5(-9.81)(-111)2

18 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.Physics Homework please help, I Think I Have The Equation Set Up Need Help Solving? 10 points!?
You didn't ask a question, but I'm going to assume you're trying to solve for initial velocity. I think you have a good equation, with a few errors. Gravity is working in the same direction as the initial velocity, downward, so 9.8 should not be negative. I don't know why you put the (-111)^2, I think you meant to write the time there, so you should have

111m=Vi3.80s+.5(9.81)(3.80)^2



From there it's very basic math.... if you really need help from there...

Just subtract the .5(9.81)(3.80)^2 from each side, then divide both sides by 3.80.. and you're done! voila!





EDIT: also, height is positive, I don't know why you put negative...

No comments:

Post a Comment