Monday, March 12, 2012

What has more amazing scenic areas, Sequoia Natl. Park or Redwoods National Park? I can only go to one.?

I am going to San Francisco %26amp; Yosemite. I have time to drive to either Sequoi or Redwoods. In either case I would only go for 1 day, no long hikes, just short trails. Which one should I go to?What has more amazing scenic areas, Sequoia Natl. Park or Redwoods National Park? I can only go to one.?
It all depends on what you like. Sequoia National Park is more open and has more canyons and overviews (it is fairly similar to Yosemite in that respect) and Redwoods is more closed in (because there aren't any mountains to get up onto and check out the landscape).



Personally if I had to choose and had just been to Yosemite, I'd go up to Redwoods instead of Sequoia mostly because Yosemite and Sequoia are so similar. They're at about the same elevation in the same mountain range, The only difference really is that Sequoia has more of the big trees and Yosemite has better cliffs and waterfalls.



And if you have your heart set on seeing giant sequoias, there are a couple groves of them in Yosemite ( I recommend Maraposia Grove near the south entrance).
  • towing
  • extreme pizza
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment