Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What do you make of my work situation? I really need some opinions as I don't know what to do. ?

I have a 6 year old child. My husband works longer hours than I do and I am VERY limited on what I can do for childcare outside of school/daycare hours. I have 2 relatives in the area who both work and help me out whenever they can, but cannot go pick him up from school that day. I don't have any friends that are not working during this time I could ask either.



My boss was doing something with the department that required us to be gone until 10 pm at night. I have no way of having my child picked up and left with someone else until my husband gets out of work and told the boss that.



Everyone was called to a meeting in a room about what we were going to do, and basically what it came down to was everyone in the room attacking me. They were saying that I was not a team player and flat out told me how frusterated they were with me for not being able to find arrangements for my child. The event I am talking about is nothing work related, it's a "retreat", taking a 1 day cruise.



Only one of them has a small child and lucky for her, she has a lot of people around to help her. They told me I should do everything from keep him home from school for the day and send him somewhere else to suggesting I let a stranger watch him.



This is the second time I have had a major problem somewhere in the 2 years I have worked for this company. The 1st time I worked for a horrible man who treated me like crap....he went as far as telling my in front of other people that my child was a "f*ggot".



The last month working in my department has been hell as my boss changed some things and has given twice the workload I had before with no raise.



I need a paycheck and have been job hunting in my spare time, but with no luck. I come home crying almost everyday and feel like I am going to snap.



I just don't know what to do or what my options are. Can someone please tell me what they would do if they were me? What do you make of my work situation? I really need some opinions as I don't know what to do. ?
That's crap. It sounds like a very abusive work place and take my word for it you need to get out of there. I'm not even going to get into how wrong these jerks are.



I worked for a company for 12 years everything was great until they made some guy my supervisor. I had managed to muddle through my job *eye roll* for 10 yrs without a supervisor, then some clown who has never done my job was constantly on me about the methods I used to get the job done. Everything I did was wrong in his eyes, regardless that numerous businesses would write letters to the owner telling them how pleased they were with the product I delivered.



The reason Im telling you this is because I stayed for 2 years with this jerk, I would be outside crying during my breaks daily, I would cry all the way home, and when I got home I would do nothing but lay in bed and cry. I was a single mom with a mortgage and felt completely trapped. I finally had a breakdown and was in the hospital for 3 weeks with severe depression, which I still have.



My son suffered during all of this because I was not really there for him, and the guilt and regret is huge.



Please, for yourself and your family do not let these people attempt to run your life. Putting your child with strangers is out of the question. Sweetie you need to get out of there. I realize that is not easy when you depend on the income, but in the long run keeping yourself in an abusive situation for too long can really effect your health and your family. Get a job doing anything, babysit in your home, work at McDonalds, whatever it takes to get out.



I would go in Monday and hand in my resignation. I wish I had known then what I know now. It cost me far more than anything I had ever earned there.



I wish you the best, you are a good mom, don't sacrifice that for a job.



Oh and you might be able to get unemployment if you can get a doctor to document that this is causing you too much stress and depression. I got unemployment this way. I also told the owner of the company that if he contested it I would have OSHA in there so fast it would make his head spin.
Is there an after school YMCA? which can pick your child up after school and take to the site until your husband gets off work? What about home based child care in the community? Try the resource hot line for before and after school care hours.Network with your neighbors. What do you make of my work situation? I really need some opinions as I don't know what to do. ?
Tell them, sure you'll come along but you're bringing your child with you. But I'd say to hell with them. They have no right to rule on how you spend your off-work time.

No comments:

Post a Comment